Builders Energy Rater
is a nationally certified Home Energy Rating company that provides ENERGY STAR® certification for new homes, a HERS Provider, and a LEED for Homes Provider. ENERGY STAR homes provide greater comfort, lower utility bills, protect the environment and are independently verified by a third party to ensure compliance with the government-backed program requirements.
- The tight construction, better windows, and improved insulation of an ENERGY STAR home not only ensure consistent temperatures between and across rooms, but keep out excessive heat, cold, and noise.
Lower utility bills
- The energy-efficient features of ENERGY STAR qualified homes will give the homeowner low bills and save them money every month as compared to the average home.
Protect the environment
- ENERGY STAR qualified homes reduce our nation’s energy needs and prevent air pollution by consuming less energy.
Independent 3rd party verification
- We are an independent, nationally certified third-party energy efficiency expert that performs the mandatory inspections on ENERGY STAR qualified homes to ensure they meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s strict energy efficiency guidelines.
Government backed label
- All ENERGY STAR qualified homes are independently verified to meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s strict guidelines for energy efficiency. Any builder can claim they build energy-efficient homes, but with the ENERGY STAR label, the homeowner has government-backed proof.
Texas Land Veterans Program
- This mortgage program for military veterans requires that the home be ENERGY STAR certified.
May 14, 2012
RESNET - Testing Today’s Efficient Homes-RESNET